Day 22 Winnipeg
Yesterday we took advantage of being in the first big city since we left home, and restocked the larders. It was a nice enough day. Certainly productive, but there was little memorable about our trip to Costco. So posting the blog was delayed.
I took a walk around the campground in the morning as there were a few things I wanted to check. When we were in Winnipeg last, we were to have stayed here but the severe flooding of the Assiniboine River caused our reservations to be cancelled. We were told the entire campground was under water and it would be some time before they would be able to reopen. A walk down to the river revealed that it is considerably below the level of the campground, so it was clearly “severe flooding” as was reported.
I took this shot about halfway back to the trailer sites. In addition, the drop to the river is about 30 feet. That must have been some flood!
Costco is the same everywhere, but this one may have been the busiest one I have ever seen. Parking lots in the surrounding area were being pressed into service and pedestrian lights and dual crossing guards at each corner suggests that this was not just an occasional occurrence! It was a great way to restock though, dictating that dinner be decided by best before dates and what was least likely to fit in the fridge! Blackstone once again to the rescue for the entire meal and once again, a roaring success! You would think I was collecting commission for this thing, honestly, I’m not. It is just the greatest for camping!




Comments
Post a Comment